Highlighted

Women's Hiking Groups

I did a search and didn't find a specific conversation regarding women's hiking groups. Would love to see a list of hiking groups that are for women. I'll start since I'm an ambassador for one:

Women Who Hike  (womenwhohike.com) has chapters in every U.S. state plus a few outside the U.S. The group primarily communicates via state specific Facebook groups. The groups are closed, allowing only women to access content and connections.

Highlighted

Re: Women's Hiking Groups

Hi @ruthsbluemarble - The Women Who Hike webpage is filled with such great information. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

One of the websites often suggested here for finding hiking groups is Meetup. On that site, there are many group options when you search "women hiking" and they can be filtered down based on location. Love that you've started this thread. Look forward to seeing what other platforms people use!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@ruthsbluemarble although not necessarily nationwide, here in the PNW there are a few Facebook groups, including PNW Outdoor Women Group and Women Who Hike Washington. Also, Indigenous Women Hike is another Facebook group to check out!

One day, as we grow this community, perhaps this will become a great spot for women looking to meet up locally and hike!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Exciting to see Indigenous Women Hike! I follow them on IG!

Featured