Highlighted

Where to do voluntary outdoor work?

Hi there!

I moved to Washington recently and I am trying to find a place to do voluntary work for and in the outdoors. Do any of you have experience in this area and have recommendations of how to approach this, where to get involved or who to contact? 

I have experience with outdoor activities such as canooing, sea kayaking, hiking, bushcraft/camping and also working with and teaching kids, but I am not picky and the voluntary work can be pretty much any kind of work centered around the outdoors.

I'd just love to get involved in outdoor communities here in WA. Hope you can help me 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where to do voluntary outdoor work?

@Diko thanks for reaching out! What part of WA are you interesting in volunteering in? It's a BIG state! Once we know, we can definitely provide volunteer opportunities/organizations to connect with!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where to do voluntary outdoor work?

@Diko without knowing exactly where you are in Washington, we figured we'd provide a few resources that might work (in case others are curious too), noting there are SO many great non-profits who offer volunteer opportunities around the state so this list is certainly not comprehensive:

And you can always learn more about stewardship at the co-op, including grants we give to non-profit partners, as a way to identify more opportunities!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured