Highlighted

Sports bras - hard to fit? What's your favorite?

Sports bras...an essential piece of our outdoor wardrobe where a good fit really matters, especially for high-impact activities like running. But fit is highly personal and can be somewhat elusive. So, we want to hear from you:

• Do you have a favorite sports bra and what do you love about it?
  • What specific features are important to you in a sports bra?
  • How do you know when you've found a good fit?
At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sports bras - hard to fit? What's your favorite?

Some of my favorite sports bras are from the Moving Comfort company.  What I have a hard time with is finding a sports bra that hooks at the back with straps that go over the shoulders (like the top of the letter H-no crossing over). I find that type of bra is easier to take off and put on, especially when I'm sweaty. Plus, as you get older and aren't as flexible, some of the more athletic bras (crisscross ones especially), are harder to take off and put on.  I know I found a good fit when it does what it has to do (support) and is stays comfortable.  Meaning it doesn't rub or leave marks.  

Highlighted

@kathyrb just found this TNF Stow-N-Go style sports bra that has a hook-and-eye closure and over the shoulder straps - was thinking it might work for what you're describing. Other idea was a front-closing bra, like this Odio option, that can be easier to put on/remove. Both of those options are on the REI Outlet, so quantities and sizes may be limited (and move quickly), but thought one or the other might at least give you some ideas!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I love sports bra's that have a seamless fit and no buckles or adjustable straps. Sports bras that I love and the styles that I love to look at for design/fit are: Lululemon Flow Y Bra, Lululemon Energy Bra (higher impact activities) and the Athleta Ultimate Bra. All of these work for me for running, yoga, biking, strength, hiking. They fit well, work for higher impact activities (no bouncing or feeling of not being supported), they are made out of amazing fabric that is soft and breathable/wicking, and are really cute, too! The best!

By far, my favorite sports bra is Icebreaker’s Meld Zone

I have a small rib cage and am rather curvy for a runner my size. So I need a snug band on the bottom. It can’t be too loose, or it will chafe. But it can’t dig in either. 

I also get really chilled after running, so the wool often means I don’t have to change out of my bra immediately at a trailhead. 

Word of Warning about the Meld Zone: It is WORK getting it on and off, but that improves greatly after a couple of washes. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm a 34 DD and need the support of an underwire. I have found that without underwire support there is always sag. The best workout bras I have found are from natori, Chantelle, and Wacoal. The struggle to pull it over your head type of bra is no go for me at this point. I'm 58.  

Highlighted

I really love the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Bra. It has an incredibly adjustable system of three straps and a hook, so you get a racerback and great support, but don't have to pull it over your head. I have to special-order these and would love for REI to carry them!

Featured