Highlighted

Ski Jackets for Pear Shaped Women

Hi, can someone recommend a ski jacket that is loose/wide around the hips?  I am a size 10 on top and a 14 on the bottom.  All jackets (and bathing suits for that matter) are generally built for boy shapes (same size on both ends).  If it fits my chest and arms, I can’t pull it down over my hips.  (Or if it fits the hips, the arms are too long and its baggy up top).  Sometimes a two-way zipper helps loosen things up on the bottom.  I’m desperate!  My 25 year old Marker anorak-style jacket is getting stares on the slopes.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Ski Jackets for Pear Shaped Women

@Jackie , thanks for reaching out. I run into the same thing and it can be a challenge. 

To start, jackets with 2-way zippers are always what ends up working best for me, and more and more vendors are using them. Also, some vendors have started doing a "slim" fit, so I try to look for jackets that have a more standard fit, especially if they don't have a 2-way zipper.

I ended up going with the Patagonia Primo Puff Jacket. It is a little longer but has a 2-way zipper and fits well. I used it for the first time last weekend and loved it. The only downside is that it is very insulated and won't be as versatile as other options.  

The Outdoor Research Skyward II Jacket and the Helly Hansen Kvitegga Shell Jacket are other great options for 2-way zippers. The benefit of both is, since they are shell jackets, there is more flexibility for layering. I have the Arc'teryx Atom LT Insulated Hoodie and it is a great layering piece under a shell. It doesn't have a 2-way zipper however, because it is a little shorter, it fits well in the hips.

Hope you find this helpful!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Ski Jackets for Pear Shaped Women

Outdoor vests almost never have 2-way zippers.  I’ve been struggling to find one that fits me because of this. Please pass along this request. 

Featured