Highlighted

Re: pee rags....good or bad?

I second that, third actually.  Kula Cloth all the way!  Heart

Highlighted

Is it possible to have too many Kulas? Asking for a friend...

IMG_7808.jpeg

Highlighted

@ruthsbluemarble Never 🤣 I have one for every backpack, my bicycle and my truck (right now 7 in total)! Kulas make me happy. 🤗✌🏼

Highlighted

The Kula Cloth is great and has many advantages over a pee-rag including your hands stay clean, it’s discreet hanging from your pack. 
Women in western states have an advantage in that it is much drier there and the long term collection of moisture in sensitive areas is usually not an issue but for other parts of the country women must deal with frequent precipitation and higher humidity. The Kula cloth dries quickly in the west and I could rinse it out everyday. But on a recent trip in the Midwest it rained nearly everyday and rendered my Kula cloth unusable because it became saturated and could not dry. I used TP and packed it out. 
Do women in the wetter areas of the country have methods for maintaining good hygiene?

Highlighted

I’ve just found out about an amazing an essential item a bidet! It fit a water bottle top like a wine cork with a small hole to force the water into a pretty strong stream. Could be used to cleanse the area with fresh water and wiggle dry or pat dry with pee rag. Just look up travel bidet. 

Highlighted

@Leslie  I've never even thought about this topic before. And after reading this post, I have added the Kula Cloth to my list of items to try.  I generally just use what is around me ferns / leaves when below tree line.

Highlighted

I am also here to recommend the Kula cloth! I love it so much. The designs are wonderful, woman-owned small business... couldn't be a better investment. I need more of them!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@happyhiker

Thank you so much for your post!  I loved that you asked as I've wondered about this myself, but just never thought of asking on here.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

A friend of mine did a fabulous post on her blog Wandering Pine about how to pee etc in the woods. She includes info about pee rags and bidets and other feminine backwoods hygiene.  things. https://wanderingpine.com/2019/07/13/backcountry-hygiene-how-to-pee-poop-and-period-like-a-pro/?fbcl...

Highlighted

AMAZING READ!   I just learned about portable bidets.  I will definitely be checking out other posts on Wandering Pine's blog!  Thank you for sharing this gem with us : ]

0 Likes
Featured