Highlighted

Getting Outside

Share with us... What holds you back from getting outdoors as much as you want?  Maybe nothing holds you back? If so, share how you prioritize getting outdoors? 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Getting Outside

For me, it’s a matter of time.  I exercise on my own during the week, but have a definite commitment to a Sunday late afternoon hike with friends nearby.  Also, We schedule regular hikes for our days off from work to make sure that other activities don’t crowd out our outdoor time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Getting Outside

I love the outdoors, but my husband does not. He will come with me on one or two camping trips per year, which I definitely appreciate. I feel like it's such an important bonding experience and creates the best memories. 

Other than that, I camp/hike alone or bring a friend. My weekend hikes are typically alone because I like to soak everything in. It's almost medatative for me. 

Boyfriends in the past have shared that love of the outdoors with me and it's such a huge part of my life, sometimes it's hard for me not having that similar interest with my husband. We try to make a balance, but at the end of the day, I told him I love being outside and there are times I'll have to go out and do it on my own and he understands. 

I definitely know that if he was more interested in the outdoors, we'd go on a lot more trips.

0 Likes
Featured