Highlighted

SUP purchase

looking for SUP for enjoying on the lake, workout, or touring around.  I am 5'7" 138 pounds.  My family will also use and range in height 5'6 120 pounds - 6' 190 pounds.   looking at the 4 items below to get started.  Do these items work together?  I really didn't want to spend $170 on a pump, Do I have other options you would suggest?  Would like to pump up SUP within 10 minutes.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: SUP purchase

@MBC212 Thanks for reaching out!

These are great choices! The one thing we would say is that the paddle board comes with a dual action pump, so the the 12V pump is not a requirement (although it is nice to not have to do all the work in pumping up the SUP!). You should be able to get your SUP pumped up in under 10 minutes with the included pump.

Additionally, the leash is not a requirement, but can be nice to have. I have been paddle boarding for years and I only use a leash when I'm on water where I might be concerned that the board will get away from me if I fall off (rivers with current, or open water with waves). I am a fairly good swimmer, however, so I'm not worried about having to swim a little bit to my board if I have to.

The only other thing I would recommend is a PFD. That may be something you already have though so if you do, you'll be ready to get out on the water!

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members