Highlighted

Mechanical stopwatch

Hello,

I am a swimmer and i bought a battery powered stopwatch at Target. It had three buttons and often i could not even just get the stopwatch setting to start and stop because i could never remember which button to push and for how long and in which order. It had an alarm setting and no matter how many times i tried to edit the settings using the directions, the alarm would get reset and go off every hour. I had to keep the stopwatch in my car because it was so annoying and i needed it to keep track of my swim time. It was affordable (less than $15) but not at all practical.

I cannot afford an expensive watch. I would like to know if you have or have heard of places i can buy an old fashion analog stopwatch. Even a windup watch would be fine. Just a stopwatch with a start and stop push button to clock my lap time with no other additional features. Please.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Mechanical stopwatch

I did a quick Google search and came up with https://www.stopwatchesusa.com/mechanical-stopwatches/

In addition both Amazon and eBay list various items. Closer to home there's always Craigslist or even a pawnshop.

...Wanderer
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Mechanical stopwatch

Yeah, electronics can be annoying.  I did see that Amazon had some, but I don't know if they'd be waterproof.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes