Highlighted

Eddyline Sandpiper kayak availability

I want to buy the Eddyline Sandpiper kayak; I was in the Christiana store right before the store closed, then it closed for in store pickup.  Now it is open for pickup but on the website the Eddyline Sandpiper is no longer available? How do I buy one? Need some REI store help! Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Eddyline Sandpiper kayak availability

@Lynn Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, REI is out of stock of the Eddyline Sandpiper kayak. We do have several models of kayaks from Eddyline and one from Delta kayaks that are similar to the Sandpiper that are currently available:

• Eddyline Skylark Kayak. 12' feet long (same as the Sandpiper), 2" narrower, and has a slightly smaller cockpit. 
  • Eddyline Rio Kayak. Designed for a smaller paddler, this kayak is a bit smaller in dimensions by only a few inches. It comes in at 35 pounds, which is several pounds lighter than the Skylark and the Sandpiper.
  • Eddyline Sky 10 Kayak. A 10 foot long version of the Skylark that is a really lightweight (a 'mere' 32 pounds!).
  • Delta Kayaks Delta 12 AR Kayak. This is the closest kayak to the Sandpiper in terms of length, width, and cockpit size. The biggest difference is the weight of the kayak with the Delta coming in at 42 pounds.

Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Eddyline Sandpiper kayak availability

John, thanks for the quick and informative response. Do you know if you will be getting them back in stock in the next couple of months? (I just had rotator cuff surgery so won't be able to paddle for awhile anyway). I'll look at the others you suggested but had ruled them out for various reasons. 

Lynn

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Lynn Thanks for the response.

I spoke with the buying team for kayaks today. Due to higher than anticipated sales and supply chain and manufacturing challenges for our kayak vendors, it is very hard to gauge what additional product we will be able to secure. Our teams are working hard to get kayaks back in stock, but it still too early to tell what we will be able to offer our customers for the rest of the summer. Your best bet is to periodically check back in on rei.com to see what kayaks we have available.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am also looking into the Eddyline kayaks and it looks like REI is the only place around me that is an authorized dealer.  Are the kayaks marked as no longer available discontinued for sale are REI or will them be sold again sometime in the future?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Raz thanks for the question. "No longer available" can actually mean both - that we have discontinued the model and are not expecting more or that we are expecting additional inventory from our vendor. Typically, for the items where we are expecting additional inventory, you will see an additional message that says "Ships within 30 days" and you will still able to be add the item to your online cart for check-out. Currently, our boat inventory is running quite low and when we get restocked, that new inventory is getting scooped up really quickly. As mentioned above, our buyers continue to work really hard to bring in more boat inventory. We hope this information is helpful!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Lynn Hello again!

We have good news! We wanted to circle back with you as it appears we were able to secure some more kayak inventory. The Eddyline Sandpiper and Eddyline Sandpiper 130 are currently back up on REI.com and available for backorder to ship within 30 days.

Please let us know if you have any questions, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi John,

Thanks so much for the update. I am thinking of ordering the Sandpiper, or the Skylark (which you pointed out earlier). Definitely looking forward to owning one of these. I have a friend who can pick it up at the Christiana store. 

Lynn

Highlighted

@REI-JohnJ That is great news! Could you tell me if there are plans on getting additional stock of the Eddyline Sitka XT?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JLSNJones unfortunately, we are not expecting additional inventory in the Eddyline Sitka XT. Let us know if we can help with recommendations of other boats you might consider - just tell us a bit more about what kind of paddling you intend to do and where!

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members