Highlighted

Base roof rack system that is compatible with the Yakima ShowDown SUP rack?

What is the best base roof rack system for a 2017 Ford Edge that is compatible with the Yakima ShowDown Kayak/SUP rack?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Base roof rack system that is compatible with the Yakima ShowDown SUP rack?

Hello again @Rhubarb!

If you are interested in a Yakima set up, the Ridgeline System is what Yakima recommends!  Similar to the Thule set up, you will have some decisions to make on which bars you'd like to go with.  From there, they will recommend the appropriate feet or necessary accessories to complete your kit!

Let us know if you have any other follow up questions. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-AlyS Thanks.  With the Thule SUP Taxi mount, the picture only shows 1 mount, do you order 2?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Rhubarb 

While only one is pictured, it does actually come with two mounts to secure the boards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

base roof rack

Hi,

I'm looking at ordering the Yakima 55" HD bars SM-Pair and the yakima ridgeline tower.  Will this work for the Yakima showdown kayak/sup rack?  I have a 2017 ford edge.  Also do i need to purchase separate ridge clips and if so what size?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: base roof rack

Hi @Rhubarb!

Thanks for reaching out again. You’ll notice, I have moved your question here so that it is easier for you to have the majority of the answers in one place. 

Here is what is specifically recommended by Yakima to fit your car. You will need the Yakima Ridgeline Towers and Ridge Clips. The clips are sold separately. You will notice the clip number for your specific vehicle is 36. This is not currently available through REI. I am sure Yakima would be happy to help you secure this inventory. As you mentioned, you’ll want the Yakima 55” HD Bars and Yakima also recommends getting the HD bar adapters to complete your setup. 

Unfortunately, the Showdown is not compatible with this setup. Here is a link to Yakima’s load assist racks and their compatible SUP carriers and kayak racks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ok i know for sure that i want the showdown kayak/sup rack, what do i need to change in the base system to make it compatible?

Sorry I'm being a pain.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Rhubarb 

I’m sorry but from all of the information online available from Yakima, the ShowDown is not compatible with the recommended rack solution for your specific vehicle. I apologize that it took us this long to arrive at this conclusion.

At this point unfortunately, reaching out to Yakima in hopes of a solution might be your best course of action. I’m sorry that I don't have any additional answers for you in this regard. And do not worry, you have not been a pain at all! We are here to help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's the Ford Edge that it's not compatible with?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Rhubarb 

I have sent you a direct message so that we may continue our conversation. 

0 Likes
Featured