Van Life in the South East

Where are good places to park in the Southeast? I know about Walmart & large truck stops but ... I Love out West where the is BLM & Public Land, but in the Southeast where I live, for now,  there isn't any... 

Re: Van Life in the South East

I'd say check out remote trailheads it the like. I've also heard of folks stealth camping. Unfortunately there isn't nearly as much federal land in the southeast as out west.

0 Likes

Southeast resident here. I know you are looking for  free options, but if you are willing to do some research you can find some pretty great extremely cheap option. Your local library has basically a phone book of all the campsites in america. We took it on a 7-week roadtrip. If the idea is less of a road trip, more of living as cheaply as possible wherever you can familiarize yourself with that series of books 'best campsites in . . ." "Best hiking trails in . . ." They have some pretty great recommendations. 

For example, Red River Gorge in Kentucky offers super reasonable passes  like 60 bucks if memory serves for the entire summer that lets you park and camp anywhere in the park for as long as you like. There's no picnic benches or RV hookups but it is cheap. Is that what you are looking for?

0 Likes

I will check it out,  thanks! My problem is I work in the city so I  don't want to be out too far or I'll spend all my time & money commuting. But I will definitely check the books out. 

0 Likes