Highlighted

Roof rack storage bins

Anyone have any recommendations for weatherproof (waterproof would be better but impossible to find?) storage bins/totes? Not looking for a cargo box. Looking for smaller bins that can be strapped to the basket.

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Roof rack storage bins

The basket, which we just got the extension for.The basket, which we just got the extension for.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Amos I am going to give you two options. 

Option one, The Rubbermaid Action Packer - I would call these "weather resistant" But you could water proof them but putting the things in them in a contractor grade garbage bag. These are lockable (with a padlock purchased separately) which is a feature I like. 

But, I find it hard to secure hard, square boxes quickly to the basket I use. It is easy for the hard plastic to slide against the metal of the basket. 

Option two, The Seal Line Black Canyon Bags - This one is 115 liters - Waterproof, durable vinyl, they are extremely easy to secure to the basket, and they are more aerodynamic - so a little less wind noise, and the bigger ones have backpack straps. 

I hope those options help. Have fun out there!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I use these; a bit heavy, but they stay dry inside when it rains.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Tool-Box-Black-222570/205440481

@Amos wrote:

Anyone have any recommendations for weatherproof (waterproof would be better but impossible to find?) storage bins/totes? Not looking for a cargo box. Looking for smaller bins that can be strapped to the basket.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Highlighted

Check out Roam Adventure Co, Front Runner, Equipt1, and Academy Sports.  These vendors carry waterproof bins.

0 Likes
Highlighted

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-20-Gal-Professional-Grade-Heavy-Duty-Waterproof-Storage-Container-...

Check these bins out. The polycarbonate kid can take some serious abuse. Have hit it many times with a rubber mallet and still holds up. The inside of the lid has a gasket that provides a waterproof seal. The latches double as a hinge so it can be opened on either side. Also has points to allow for strapping in the back of a truck or to a cargo rack. Pad locks can be used to lock these as well to ensure contents are secure. 

0 Likes
Featured