Highlighted

Cabin tent or shelter?

I want to be able to work from the road - tether my laptop to my phone when I need connection, etc. I can sleep in the back of my Outback, but since I will be in the buggy, rainy East, I’d like some shelter that allows enough headroom to sit up and work. I have a backpacking tent but haven’t had anything larger in years.

Any suggestions for a tent that would be fairly easy to set up and pack away fairly small?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cabin tent or shelter?

@gr8telakes96 Thanks for the question!

I'm not sure how small you mean when you say 'fairly small', but for our adventures around Alaska with our truck and Tepui rooftop tent, we really love having an REI Co-op Screen House shelter in our camp site. It's lightweight, open, and keeps everything relatively bug free. Another option could be the Caddis Rapid Screenhouse Shelter. What's cool about that one is that the entire wall opens up, giving you the potential of fitting it over the back of your open Subaru, kind of like a screened in porch for your adventure rig. Both of those shelters are going to fill up a bit more space than a backpacking tent, however. You're looking at something that takes up the space of a medium duffel bag.

Hopefully this helps a bit!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: Cabin tent or shelter?

Thanks, John. I’ll check these out!

Featured
Top liked members