Highlighted

REI x Subaru Loves the Earth Upcycling Events

We’re committed to reducing the waste that ends up in local landfills. Come help REI and Subaru divert hard-to-recycle waste from local landfills by bringing your snack wrappers, old yoga mats, yoga blocks, bike tubes, bike tires, bike grips, tents, and reusable water bottles to REI - check here for participating locations and dates. These items will be transformed into useful products by Subaru’s partner Terracycle. In appreciation, participants can receive a gift, while supplies last.

Can’t make it to an event near you? You can still bring your snack wrappers to any REI nationwide to be recycled by Subaru. REI, in partnership with Subaru and its participating retailers nationwide, are helping divert waste from landfills and transforming your waste into picnic tables, benches, and playground equipment. So far Subaru has helped collect over 1 million pieces of hard-to-recycle waste. You can learn more here.Together, let's Opt to Act.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: REI x Subaru Loves the Earth Upcycling Events

I checked the first link and the page says no events scheduled soon... Did I miss it? Will there be more? I've been holding on to a worn-out old yoga mat just hoping to find a way to recycle instead of landfilling it...!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: REI x Subaru Loves the Earth Upcycling Events

@Dr_Kate Thanks for reaching out!

The events have passed, however many REI locations are still accepting materials through Terracycle. If you contact your local REI Store they can let you know if they are set up to receive your old yoga mat. Thanks for hanging onto it and keeping it out of a landfill!

I hope this helps, thanks!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes