Highlighted

Excitement for a conversation about a Circular Economy!

I can't tell you how excited I am to see REI stepping up and into a practice of creating a circular economy. Knowing that Patagonia was working in this direction, reading Kate Raworth's book "The Doughnut Economy" and following what The Netherlands are doing to promote this paradigm - AND NOW SEEING REI DO THIS!!! I"m soooooo flipping excited!!!

REDUCE is the first R. Reuse is the second. Recycle is the LAST R. We started backwards, and now we are working our way toward the first R. We CAN do this. We MUST do this. 

Miigwech

Highlighted

Re: Excitement for a conversation about a Circular Economy!

I started following Mr. & Mrs Frugalwoods a couple of years ago and cannot agree more that we need to focus on purchasing only goods that are made out of quality, renewable materials like Hemp, and bartering and/or) swapping with other people as much as possible. I am almost finished with the build out of my tiny house in SC and I would like to swap or offer a discount to other people who have one or belong to a community like this one and want an affordable place to stay.  My goal isn’t maximizing money, but utility and being able to live abroad as much as possible and/or travel thru the US.  I have not been to Colorado and I want to see it.

Highlighted

@Twy_anishiinabekwe and @Organizstylist 

Thank you for posting! We also appreciate your enthusiasm for these programs and the focus on sustainability in our business. We'll be sure to pass your comments along to our sustainability team. @Organizstylist, any chance we could see some photos of your tiny house?

Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

I am in the process of submitting my first piece of used gear in exchange for a gift card. I am waiting for the shipping material to arrive.

aka "Boonerelli"
Highlighted

@John we'd love to hear feedback from you through this process, if you're willing to share!

Highlighted

The process was easy and painless, but I was a little disappointed with the amount I received for an almost new, hardly warn REI down jacket. I think I might have received more than the $6.61 REI paid, after deducting shipping, if I had advertised it on a used gear internet site. On the other hand, I did not have to list it or deal with arranging payment from a stranger. I am glad to know that it is no longer hanging in my closet and that someone else might be getting more use out of it than I was.

aka "Boonerelli"
0 Likes
Highlighted

@John thanks so much for the feedback (and for testing out the process) - we will pass it along to our Used Gear team.

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members