Highlighted

Wisconsin

I am starting this thread as the beginning of an all things outdoors in Wisconsin, a place for all to go for anything from assistance to recommendations. 

Highlighted

Re: Wisconsin

@WI4all thanks for starting this thread for Wisconsin! This will be a great placeholder while we work on a new way to display locations so they're not in a super long drop-down menu. We'll add a bunch of new locations once that's done, Wisconsin included!

As you did already in this post, for events you'd like to post now that don't have a "home" board, just make sure you reference the specific location in the subject line and add the location as a label within your post!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there! I also live in Wisconsin and love to get outside.  I am an avid hiker and stay mostly within 2 hours of Madison.  I just started mountain biking this summer too!  I just went to Door County for the first time and loved it.  Potowatomi State Park was great and the beginning of the Ice Age Trail. What recommendations are you looking for specifically? And what activities are you looking to do? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Currently, I am on hiking/biking sections of the Ice Age Trail.  For those looking to get outdoors in Wisconsin, check out the Ice Age Trail, 1,200 miles, traversing the entire state of Wisconsin. It is one of eleven National Scenic Trails, and one of two national scenic trails entirely within one state.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@WI4all I love the Ice Age Trail too and it practically goes through my backyard (okay about a mile away through my neighborhood).  I did a few section hikes this summer and also helped volunteer and pitch in to make a new section near Madison.  It was so rewarding and really fun to take my kids there now and say "i helped make this".  I didnt know you could bike on the IAT, i will look into that.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

The biking I do is in the road portions of the trail.