Highlighted

Where to go in southern Vermont

I've lived in southern Vermont for about 18 months and explored some trails and a few mountains but am looking for other cool, hidden, spots to go to. I know were social distancing but if anyone also has any public land spaces I can camp at, that'd be welcomed info! 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where to go in southern Vermont

@lls5316 Check with the Vermont State Parks. Although the parks are closed you may be able to get an off season permit. Their website can give you more info on parks. You can also contact them with questions. They are very friendly n accommodating. For hikes you can contact the Green Mountain club through there website. The Green Mountain National Forrest has many hidden gems that I am still learning about. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where to go in southern Vermont

@lls5316 we were able to connect with our Williston store manager about your question - here's the advice we got for you:

"We are finally moving closer to the end of Mud Season in Vermont, which closes many of our trails for the season. State parks, such as Woodford State Park or Molly Stark State Park, are currently still open and offer great hiking trails to explore but are not offering bathroom or guest services. If you are willing to venture a little further north, Green Mountain National Forest has endless trail networks and is worth the extra drive. You might also check out Pisgah State park just over the border in Southern NH.

It's important to note that many of our major trails systems are currently closed, and many local municipalities have also closed their town forest trails."

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured