Highlighted

Border Route Trail

Would like to do the border route trail in September and am wondering how the trail conditions are like? Has anyone done the trail this summer?  Thanks 

0 Likes

Re: Border Route Trail

@Jeff1980 Thanks for reaching out!

If you're talking about the Border Route Trail that crosses the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, we have a good contingent of folks in the community here either from Minnesota or who have spent time there. I'll tag them here to see if any of them have experience with the Border Route Trail!

@TomV @ruthsbluemarble @hikermor @NicoleNJohnson @WinterWalker @Hiker_44 @DougSC 

Do any of you have any experience with this trail? Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you. Look forward to hearing from them.   Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Jeff1980 I haven't done this trail unfortunately. I do have a friend that was slated to do it this summer, but the trip has been postponed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks.  I’m thinking of doing the same.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Jeff1980 Afraid I have to also say that's one of the few areas of our state I've never been to. Although I've just returned from one of the many North Shore trips we've taken, we've never actually made it up the Gunflint into the BWCAW. Gonna have to fix that one of these days...

0 Likes
Highlighted

I did a small section of the trail last year.  Very nice.  Was a little tough going in a couple of places because it was hard to find the trail.  With the trail maintenance teams being cancelled this spring I’m a little concerned about the trail.  Might try it anyway, will keep you posted.  Happy trails

Featured