Highlighted

We need your help with a great picture of Arkansas!

Hey community!

We didn't have a great picture to use on this new board that represents the essence of all Arkansas has to offer for the outdoor community - we're hoping you can help! Please share your outdoor image below, tell us where it is, and we may pick one (or more) to feature above!

Friendly reminders about images in the community:

• Ensure that you have all legal rights and/or consents for the photo(s) you share
  • Ensure each image adheres to our User Guidelines

For additional information about images shared with REI, visit our Terms of Use - Rights in User Content.

We're looking forward to seeing what great pictures you've got of Arkansas, and thanks for your help!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: We need your help with a great picture of Arkansas!

@NatStateExp and @ARHiker we wanted to let you both know that we just launched this new section in the community dedicated to Arkansas - we're hoping you might be able to help with a picture, and also share any local tidbits you might have!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @REI-JenK ,

I have TONS of great Arkansas photos! To start, this one is at Rattlesnake Ridge which is a nature conservancy property that is great for mountain biking, trail running, and hiking. It's located in central Arkansas, right outside of Little Rock.Rattlesnake Ridge, central ARRattlesnake Ridge, central AR

Highlighted

Here's some more photos. These are on the Buckeye Trail in the Ouachita National Forest in western Arkansas. This is one of my favorite places to hike.Ouachita Mountains in FallOuachita Mountains in FallView from the Buckeye TrailView from the Buckeye TrailFall on the Buckeye TrailFall on the Buckeye Trail

Highlighted

This is an iconic vista in the Ozarks on the Yellow Rock Trail at Devil's Den State Park in NW Arkansas.Yellow Rock Trail vista, Devil's Den State ParkYellow Rock Trail vista, Devil's Den State Park

Highlighted

Here are some photos from the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail (fondly termed LOViT). I took these photos when I was pacing my friend for the Lake Ouachita Vista 100K race.View of Lake Ouachita, Lake Ouachita Vista TrailView of Lake Ouachita, Lake Ouachita Vista TrailSunset on Lake Ouachita, Lake Ouachita Vista TrailSunset on Lake Ouachita, Lake Ouachita Vista Trail

Highlighted

Because Arkansas is so much more than just mountains, here's some photos of the bayou that characterizes the Lower Mississippi River Valley.Aberdeen Angus (dog) takes in the beautiful views of the bayou in central ARAberdeen Angus (dog) takes in the beautiful views of the bayou in central ARPlacid fall afternoon on the Arkansas bayouPlacid fall afternoon on the Arkansas bayou

Highlighted

@NatStateExp this is EXACTLY what we were hoping for - thank you SO much! These are beautiful! If you had to pick your favorite, which would it be? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JenK  No problem! I think the photo of the Rattlesnake Ridge is my favorite because this location is so close to the city, and it was such a great day for weather when I took this photo. Also, this was right when I moved to Arkansas so I felt like I was uncovering a hidden treasure when I found this spot.

Highlighted

@NatStateExp love it! Don't be surprised to see it featured above in the next few days! Thanks so much for helping us kick off this new board!

0 Likes
Featured