Highlighted

Learning to Cross Country ski

What's the best way to learn to cross country ski? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Learning to Cross Country ski

I am a big fan of taking a class or taking lessons.  I like taking a class if it's something completely new just to try out and see if I'm interested.  If it's something I'm somewhat familiar with, but not completely sure, I'll take lessons.

Both classes and lessons will teach you what you need, and how to do the activity successfully to minimize injury and increase enjoyment.  Plus, a good teach, can give you pointers and tricks to help you a long your way.

Good Luck!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I am a big fan of taking a class or taking lessons.  I like taking a class if it's something completely new just to try out and see if I'm interested.  If it's something I'm somewhat familiar with, but not completely sure, I'll take lessons.

Both classes and lessons will teach you what you need, and how to do the activity successfully to minimize injury and increase enjoyment.  Plus, a good teach, can give you pointers and tricks to help you a long your way.

Good Luck!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Taking lessons is good, but there are also some really good videos on YouTube. They are really helpful because you can pause and rewind on the things that that take more effort to sink in. Here are a couple of videos I have found helpful https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK9XTpwRowHbLcgGPlbIPgbJn7awz6ECQ.

Classic skiing or diagonal stride is easy to do, hard to master. Almost anyone can strap on some skis and shuffle around. Should you want to go from shufflin...
Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
0 Likes
Featured