Highlighted

Looking for day hiking recommendations around Seattle

I just moved to Seattle. We're looking for day hikes within the area that are not too difficult since we're not experienced hikers. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Hiking around Seattle

Welcome to Seattle @rolu13

I am so excited for you to start exploring all the great hiking in Seattle and around Puget Sound!

My first recommendation is to check out the The Washington Trails Association , it is an amazing resource of hikes all over the region. There is an app as well that is really great. You can sort by distance and difficulty depending on what you are looking for in a hike.  Also, you can check out the trip reports to see how the trail conditions are before you venture out.  This time of the year,  there is still lots of snow in the mountains so the trail conditions are important.  

If you are looking for some great options right here in the city, I would check out Discovery Park, Seward Park, or Carkeek park.  All three are Seattle City parks with really great trails and some shorter hikes.  Also, check out Cougar Mountain or Squak Mountain out in Issaquah. There are lots of great hiking options there as well.  

Have fun out there and let me know if I can help!

Kara

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Hiking around Seattle

@rolu13 Welcome to the area!

There are so many good hikes in this region!  The WTA is definitely a great resource.  If you are on the Eastside St. Ed’s state park, the Redmond Watershed Preserve, or Bridal Trails State Park are close by hiking areas that are great places to start.  I think they are all closed now but are great places to explore for a start when things open up again.

Featured
Other boards in this category
Top liked members