Highlighted

Winter running shoe

I am going to be running on snow covered dirt roads and trails when there’s not much snow. I will also run on the road occasionally. I’ve been looking at the water promo lone peaks and Saucony’s peregrine 8 ice+. Any recommendations?

0 Likes

Re: Winter running shoe

("Water promo?" what's that?)

I've been running with a pair of Newton Boco's during snow-covered winter runs.  I augment these with nano-spikes and/or gaiters as needed.  My favorite gaiters for winter running are a pair from Ice-Bug that I picked up a few years ago. They're tough and they fit well.

The Altra gaiters work well with their gaiter-trap sneakers (the Lone Peaks, Timps, and Superiors would be examples).

Tom

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Winter running shoe

I had great success last year with my Altra Olympus 3.5's. I felt the extra stack height helped keep me out of the bad stuff and the traction was amazing. I ran in western Michigan in snow, slush, ice and temps down to -5. 

Featured