Highlighted

What’s the best gift you’ve ever received for running in the dark?!

With winter comes shorter days and earlier evenings. Even with fewer hours of daylight, winter is my favorite time to get out and run! Living in the southeast, the weather is absolutely perfect this time of year to start thinking about (and training for) any spring races I have might be scheming about.

As I think about my holiday gift giving, I inevitably also start to think about all the cool stuff I'd like to give and also unwrap myself. If I think about the best gift I've received that has helped me get out, lace up my sneakers and run when the sun has set, it's the Biolite Headlamp 330.  It's super light (2.43oz), rechargeable and has a bounce-free design when you're running. On its brightest setting at 330 lumens, it's also bright enough to help me navigate on the trail and the road. For me, the brighter, the better because if there's a pothole or a ditch, I'm guaranteed to find it!

So, what is the best gift you can think for those who love to run in the dark?!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: What’s the best gift you’ve ever received for running in the dark?!

I haven't received it - yet, but I second the Biotite Headlamp.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes
Highlighted

I also like the Nathan Vibe reflective vest. (Really more like suspender straps than a vest.) I run mostly on country roads. In winter, I'm often out there at dusk. Drivers notice me when I've got that thing strapped on.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes
Highlighted

Noxgear light up vest... it's awesome and my dog even has his own light up harness

Highlighted

Love mine too! I want to get one for my dog but need to figure out sizing. 

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members