Highlighted

Sore nipple solution

From what I understand, this is a particularly male problem: sore nipples when running - especially in hot sweaty weather.  I have battled this problem and sought ideas on the internet and have finally settled on my own favorite solution: two small squares of Nexcare Absolute Waterproof Tape.  You can find it in the band-aid section of the pharmacy.  I get the 1" tape.  This tape stays on all day if I need it to, and it protects the nips 100%.

Other things I have tried:

- Second Skin Liquid Bandage - worked most of the time, but I wondered if it was wise to keep applying this toxic-smelling substance to my skin day-after-day.

- Body-Glide - worked sometimes, but left greasy stains on my shirts.

- Bandaids - worked, but expensive.

- KT Tape - worked, but expensive.

Happy Running Everyone!

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes

Re: Sore nipple solution

When I was "jogging" I would wear an Under Armour compression shirt.  I called it my "man bra".  Seemed to stop the wobble.  I never had a problem with nipple chafing wearing those.  But...I only ran up to about 8 miles at a time at a fairly gentle lope so my experience may be more limited.

Re: Sore nipple solution

Glad you added this OldGuyot.  I actuall did have some success with this method as well - I just didn't like having to have that many compression shirts available for the rotation.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes