Highlighted

Solo Trail Running

Solo trail running can be both freeing and intimidating....what do you bring with you when you trail run by yourself?  Me?  I never hit the trail without loading up my favorite running vest with my lifestraw, A LOT of snacks, a lightweight rain jacket, my GPS watch and my phone.  What goes with you on your run?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Solo Trail Running

I love hitting the trails and exploring by myself. Most important things are the snacks and lots of fluids. And then depending on the weather, something to keep you warm and something to keep you dry. Summer running has definitely cut down on the number of things I bring “just in case”. Winter running requires so many more layers, hats and gloves. So glad that running vest design has improved as much as it has so I can comfortably carry almost anything I want/need! Other essentials: TP, emergency anti-chafe, and the phone (for emergencies & pictures).

0 Likes
Highlighted

I love solo trail running but I guess I'm a minimalist.  Just water and snacks for me....Although I'm usually running the Chicago area and on my trail, I'm never more than a few hundred feet from civilization.  As I write this I realize that I need to get out of town more!  

0 Likes
Highlighted

It really depends on the distance I am covering and how remote the area is. When I really get back there, miles from a trailhead with no cell reception, I make sure I have my Garmin inReach with me.

0 Likes