Highlighted

Smith Optics Sunglass Replacement

I have a pair of Smith Optics Parallel Max sunglasses (purchased at REI) for running that I have had for a while, like 5 years, and the surface of the lenses are bubbling and flaking. I love the way they fit and don't move at all on my face when I run. I have submitted a warranty request to Smith and received no feedback in over a month despite email follow up.

1st question - does anyone what's going on with their customer service? I have heard so many great things about it in the past that I am really surprised to have gotten no response at all.

2nd question - can you recommend a similar sunglass (other brands ok) in fit to the Parallel Max? It has a pretty normal nose bridge that doesn't sit up as high as some of the others?

TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Smith Optics Sunglass Replacement

@DogMom Thanks for reaching out!

We'll look into this for you and see what we can find out. We'll circle back with you here in the community when we find out more information. Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@DogMom 

Thanks for your patience as we tracked down some more information for you. If you'd like to follow up on your warranty claim, you can call Smith Optics directly at 1-888-206-2995. If you are interested in sticking with a pair of sunglasses that you know works, REI still carries the Smith Parallel 2 Max Polarized sunglasses

Personally, I've had a couple different pairs of Tifosi Sunglasses that I have really enjoyed. I, too, appreciate that they don't have to sit too high on the bridge of my nose. Check them out to see what you think! 

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Thanks @REI-JohnJ - I will follow up with Smith and I have also been looking at the Tifosi Tyrant sunglasses.

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members