Highlighted

Merrell Trail Glove 4 replacements

Hey! Curious is anyone has a good suggestion for a replacement barefoot trail runner. Currently in the Merrell Trail Glove 4, size 12, and I love’m.

Have tried the Trail Glove 5, but at size 12 they are too long, and size 11.5 they are too tight in the arch and heel. 

Would like to stick with barefoots but open to any good light trail runners. 🙂

Labels (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Merrell Trail Glove 4 replacements

@_casey-j, I love the New Balance Minimus Trail.  This shoe is also very snug across the midfoot/arch area, so I would stick with a size 12 (the snugness does give after a wearing or two).  It's got a wider toe box (freedom!) than the Merrells, is just as- if not a little bit more-flexible, and has a tad less cushioning than the Trail Glove, so it's squarely in the barefoot category.  I buy them over and over again.  Next best thing to dipping your bare foot in rubber.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JuliE Thanks so much! I tried out the NB Minimus Trail Before settling on the Trail Glove 4’s... might be time to revisit.

Ordered a pair of Treksta Sync recently and will have to see how those go. A Different type of shoe for sure. 

Highlighted

@_casey-j, that's a new one for me!  I'd be really interested to see how you like it.  From the looks, it seems to have a lot more going on in the heel, and I wonder how that translates to ground feel, if you're up for posting a review here.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members