Highlighted

Between Garmin Forerunner 945 and Garmin Fenix 6 Pro

Hi,

I'm getting much more into running (in addition to other types of workouts) and am looking to get a watch that helps me train. My two top choices are the Garmin Forerunner 945 and Garmin Fenix 6 Pro. I'm drawn to both of these watches because of their seemingly endless list of functions and tools to help me train for races as I get better. My problem is that I'm unsure if the Fenix 6 Pro is worth the even higher cost than the Forerunner 945. I had the Forerunner 625 and enjoyed many aspects of it, though I was not a fan of the chest strap or overall clunkiness--I know this is hard to avoid with running watches though. I might add that I'm a pretty petite female.

Is there any reason I should lean one way or the other between these two watches? I don't want to spend more money just for the sake of spending money, and for this reason am having a hard time choosing between the two watches. I'd love some input from the experts.

Thanks in advance,

J

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Between Garmin Forerunner 945 and Garmin Fenix 6 Pro

Hey there @JS88 !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! I have had my fair share of fitness watches!  I have to agree that chest straps, while very accurate, can be a nuisance. Also as mentioned, it can be difficult to find something with a smaller face, that feels like a regular watch. With all that being said, I personally think the Forerunner is the way to go. 

What’s great about the Forerunner is it is designed with the runner in mind. It definitely can handle a host of workouts but really performs in this area. Especially if you have to take your workouts inside, this watch is set up well for use on treadmills and elliptical machines. You’re right that the options on both watches are endless and I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either one, but the Forerunner would be my recommendation!

Good news too, as you probably noticed, both watches use wrist technology for heart rate monitoring!

Hope this helps and good luck with your training!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Between Garmin Forerunner 945 and Garmin Fenix 6 Pro

It would always be the Forerunner for me. Just my personal favorite.

0 Likes
Featured