Highlighted

Best places to camp in Oregon

My girlfriend & I are looking to travel from San Diego up to Oregon & back over Labor Day. We plan on camping the whole trip & stopping at a couple national parks like Yosemite. We have never been to Oregon so our question is: Where are some good camping locations in Oregon? 🤙🏽

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Best places to camp in Oregon

@FlyRideMike Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Sounds like a pretty awesome road trip!

We're going to tag some of the members of our community who are from Oregon. Hopefully some of them can help you find some awesome camping spots!

@Shrekia @JoJo44 @MissieRose @sheumann @Bryanne @scikosa @Leslie_MWallace @ONDA-Caelin @jeffmorgan85 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@FlyRideMike So excited you get to come explore Oregon! There are *SO* many good spots to camp across the state, but unfortunately COVID has closed a bunch of the state and national  (and some local) spots so you'll need to check with each one.

Here are some of my favorites:

Hope that helps!! Enjoy our amazing state and stay healthy ❤️

Highlighted

And a few more of our members who may know some good camping spots in Oregon:

@HaveKidsWillTravel @bryndsharp @BB26 @kalikardas @REI-ShanaT @cmcollier1971 @cdnizzle 

It would be good to check out this conversation as well:

Looking for advice on local camping spots in Portland OR!

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Hi @FlyRideMike,

I did a similar trip along the West Coast (Tucson-San Diego-Oregon) in 2018 (I camped the entire way), so if you want recommendations for any other leg of your journey let me know! 

As far as Oregon is concerned, @Shrekia already gave you some awesome places to camp. From their list, my favorites are by far Smith Rock State Park, Crater Lake National Park, and Mt. Hood National Forest.

I would also highly recommend camping at Lost Lake (Mt. Hood National Forest). This is my all-time favorite camping getaway in OR (I am not sure how COVID has affected this location, but overall this is not a place I'd visit if you are hoping to avoid seeing other humans).

If you are looking for campsites that are a bit more off the beaten path, I recommend using iOverlander and Gaia GPS to find BLM/other camping and other activities that you can partake in!

Have fun on your adventure!

www.brynsharpphotography.com
Featured
Other boards in this category