cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How will you #OptOutside with your pet this Black Friday?!

Our pack is feeling super inspired to Opt to Act! We just got back from backpacking in Desolation Wilderness, which is one of the most heavily used wilderness spaces in the whole country. We picked a high traffic trail and filled our pups packs with trash on the way up and back.

desolation.jpg

We know we want to do something similar this year to #OptOutside but aren't sure what to do! What are you all doing this year? How are you and you pets getting outside to avoid the crowds this Black Friday?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.

Re: How will you #OptOutside with your pet this Black Friday?!

I would love to bring my dog on more trails to do this.  There is a bad stigma about dogs on trails but honestly, I feel my dogs do less damage to the environment than most peoples kids.  I obey the rules.  He is ALWAYS leashed and I pick up after him and pack it out.  Nothing worse than dog poop on trails or bags of it.  Don't blame the dogs, blame the humans.  This (your post) is a wonderful post and a great idea and it should become a bigger thing.  Keep up the great ideas.

Finn and I will #optoutside and hike some trails with the family!

finnegan November 2019.jpg

That smile!!! 😁

0 Likes

Thanks @CrispyK79! We can change the world one floof and one trail at a time! Do you have a local trail where you can #opttoact on Black Friday?

0 Likes

We spend Thanksgiving in the LA area so we'll try to tackle trails nearby my mother's house. We'll take our border collie mutt Kiko and tackle the Lewis Falls Trail. Short and easy for my mother, and fun water fall to explore for me! 

20191116_124221.jpg

inbound2468704379184826007.jpg

We are hoping for some snow up in the mountains. We would like to go up and play, and even try out the humans new snowshoes! If there's no snow, than a trip to the coast is on the agenda.  A walk on the beach does does good for the soul.

65483024_2717317201615279_2456417995606458368_o (1).jpg

The snow is creeping down the mountains, but it's still to soon to bring the dog sled out of storage.  I'll be spending this Black Friday bikejoring with friends and pups in Sedona, Arizona.

Sage and I have a new tradition of hiking Mt Pisgah on Black Friday. Weather permitting the travel, we will again. Weather not permitting, we'll enjoy the snow! Photo is the summit last year...Mt Pisgah Summit.jpg

inbound1907615371603148482.jpg

Riley and I will be leading a group hike on the North Country Trail in southern Michigan as part of the Chief Baw Beese Chapter.  He's only got a few more miles to hit his #hike100nct challenge goal.  

Start a Conversation
Top solution authors