Highlighted

Fido's Food

Just curious what do people use to carry kibble and treats for your pup on longer hikes and multi-day trips?  I typically just use a ziplock bag, but am trying to reduce my one-time use bags.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Fido's Food

Hi Heather- we use the resealable bags left over from Aldi tortillas.  They hold up well and we can get more than one use.   -Alane

Highlighted

Hey @REI-HeatherK! We love to use climbing chalk bags for pup treats. They clip easily onto most daypack hipbelts and they're easy to reach into to make sure the doggos stay fueled up. Anyone else have suggestions?

Highlighted

Hey @REI-HeatherK! I've been working to reduce my single use plastic as well! I am in love with my silicone reuseable bags and they work really well for kibble or any treats that get that kind of greasyness. They add a few ounces, but I am willing to sacrifice that for the earth's sake Smiley Very Happy For things like dry treats or jerky treats, I have some mesh and cotton fabric bags that I bought to replace the plastic vegetable/fruit bags. They work really well for anything that won't leave a residue, but even if it does, you just toss it in the washer when you get home. Happy tails and happy trails!

Featured
Top liked members