Highlighted

Favorite Gear for Adventure Pets!

What is the gear that you and your fur babies can't live without in the outdoors?

My two favorite pieces are:

• Ruffwear Roamer Dog Leash:  I love to run with my pups, but I like to have my hands free.  This leash is pretty awesome because you have the option to wear it around your waist.  This leash also has a portion with stretch webbing, so it's a bit more forgiving if your dog decides to veer off course and chase a squirrel or stop and smell the flowers.  My dogs are pretty big (and not always the best behaved) and this leash has given me no trouble as I tire both of us out running!
  • Ruffwear Dirt Bag Seat Cover:  I've had a couple of different covers for the back seat of my car, but this one is by far the best and most durable.  It converts into a puppy hammock, especially comfy for long car rides.  It also washes well when the pups track mud back into the car after a long day playing outside.  I highly recommend it!

And no, this post is not brought to you by Ruffwear.  But it is brought to you by Sam and Maddie 🙂

Share your must-have outdoor gear for your Adventure Pets!!

Adventure Sam.pngMaddie Santa Fe.jpg

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Favorite Gear for Adventure Pets!

Ruffwear webmaster harness.  I also use the Alpine Outfitters ‘joring belt for hands-freeness.

Highlighted

Re: Favorite Gear for Adventure Pets!

@REI-ShannonO, the game changer for my pup has been the Ruffwear Swamp Cooler Dog Cooling Vest ! He loves the snow, so whenever the hot weather came around, he would get worn out really easily. Now, when I put this vest on, he is such a happy camper! I soak it before we set out on the trail, add a few drops from my water bottle as we hike along, and we are set for miles in the summer sun! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Featured