Highlighted

Family Camp and Tenting: the best of both worlds

If you are looking for your first camping adventure with little ones I highly suggest attending a Family Camp. There are many throughout the country, but the one we attended in Vermont was a perfect combination of "roughing it" (we stayed in our own tent at the edge of a field/forest) and the easiest vacation ever!

There was separate programming for kids (fun, outside time) and adults (art, music, yoga) in the morning and family-focused activities (swimming, arts and crafts) in the afternoons and evenings. The best part was that I didn't need to think about food or cleaning or planning anything. All we had to do was opt in (or not!) to the activities that were already happening - which made staying in a tent super easy because we literally just slept there.

The name of the camp I attended was Camp Common Ground and they are welcoming to all types of families (we even saw lots of grandparents there!)   My kids can't wait to go back.

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Family Camp and Tenting: the best of both worlds

@VermontVoyageur thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! I grew up on the East Coast and went to a sleep-away camp every summer for several years - although it wasn't a family camp, I have a ton of great memories from all of the time outdoors!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Family Camp and Tenting: the best of both worlds

Thanks for sharing this suggestion.
Wish you a happy journey

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members