Highlighted

Biking with kids

Are my kids the only ones who are not into the strider bikes?

Highlighted

Re: Biking with kids

We got one and my son likes to sit on it for like 1 minute and then ditches it and takes off running.  He just isn’t in to it either but he does love the bike trailer though!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Have you tried any local Mtb trails? Pump track or skate park?  Typically there is always a Stryder appropriate area at any of these and the coasting is more fun.

Highlighted

Thumbs up on the pump track thoughts!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

My kids' interest in it has waxed and waned.  Sometimes they loved it, sometimes they had no interest.  Fickle toddlers.  Getting to a bike skills park with their friends definitely got them excited.  Riding in the backyard did not. I was amazed at how hard riding in even short grass was for them with the tiny tires, so riding around in the backyard was their least favorite thing. 

Now the older one is 5 and super-into bikes, ripping around on easy mtb trails on his 14" wheeled Pello, and planning bikepacking trips for us.

Keep at it, they'll come around

Highlighted

Howdy Jason! When my kids were smaller I remember them standing over balance bikes around that 18 month range... but really didn't get the point. Something clicked for them around 3 and then it was off-to-the-races. They didn't want to give up those pedal-less contraptions for pedal bikes. It helped that our neighborhood was pretty flat. All the best with your #outdoorkid adventures!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured