Highlighted

When will the REI stores in Florida reopen?

Now that Florida’s governor has allowed retail stores to open at 25% capacity, will Florida REI locations open using those guidelines? If so - how soon?

Highlighted

Re: When will the REI stores in Florida reopen?

@KimBottom thanks for reaching out about when we plan to reopen our stores in Florida!

Like you, we are eager to get outside again! We continue to closely monitor CDC guidelines and are choosing to prioritize our employee and customer health above all else. This means, for the time being, our stores across the country (including in Florida) remain closed and we have not yet announced a date for reopening to the public. Behind the scenes, we are preparing to launch new services to make it easier for you to get the gear that you need, noting that availability of these services will vary by location. We are also working to prepare our store teams for reopening, when the time is right. As we launch new services, and eventually reopen stores, we encourage you to stay connected with REI.com and your local store page for updates.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Shame on you REI

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi. 

Thanks for the question and detailed answer. 

I have a follow-up question.  I have chosen a nice REI Traverse 70 backpack from the Used section of the web site.  It is the pack I need at the right price.  However, through many conversations with the Used department, they cannot sell this to me at this time. 

Based on current information, is there a date where this online service can be reopened?   To some people, this is just as important as the other parts of the web site.  I appreciate your help with this question. 

Thanks again for the conversations feature!

PoppaHiker
0 Likes
Highlighted

@KenBrenner Thanks for the question!

We had someone ask this a couple of days ago. You can see our response here. Know that we're working hard on getting the used gear site back open for business. We hope to have updates on our progress in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@KimBottom in case you hadn't seen, our Winter Park and Jacksonville REI stores are now open for in-store shopping! 

0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category