Highlighted

Long Path/Palisades interstate Park NJ section

Hubby and I hiked the 10 miles of the Long Path Palisades interstate Park NJ section yesterday. Left one car at Fort Lee Historic Park and drove the other car to Lookout Cafe off PIP to start our hike. I like that there are bathrooms and water along the way: PIP police station/headquarters, Allison Park, gas station on PIP accessable right off the Long Path. Have mosquito repellent with you if you're going to stop because that's when they will get you! 

Highlighted

Re: Long Path/Palisades interstate Park NJ section

Thanks for the tips, I'll check it out!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

It's a good spot, lots of nice views of NYC.  My office is close by and I trail run there during lunch/after work a bunch.  

Just a heads up - for whatever reason, it stay super muddy (or icy if its winter) on top of the cliffs down around Englewood Cliffs for a long time after big/steady rainfalls.  Probably the reason for the bugs, but also makes for some pretty miserable movement.

Highlighted

We'll make sure our Long Path trail maintainers are aware of that super muddy (seasonally icy) section around Englewood Cliffs! Thank you, @njhiker ! Hope to see you out on the trail!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Wow! You guys are crushing the Long Path! Love reading about your adventures, @Tenaflyrobin !

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members