Highlighted

Teton Wilderness Backpacking Trip

For you're viewing enjoyment here's a today screen shot of the ranch across the road from the Turpin Meadow Trail Head, just east of Jackson, Wy, Teton Wilderness.

Oh, yes, btw, just happens to be my August big trip, woo hoo!

Philreedshikes_0-1592932755453.png

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Labels (2)
Highlighted

Re: Teton Wilderness Backpacking Trip

here's the map/route link, https://caltopo.com/m/CLLC

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Philreedshikes Thanks for sharing!

I've never used/seen caltopo.com, it looks like an awesome resource! Am I correct that you are going for 10 nights (basing that number of the number of tent icons I could see on your map)?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @REI-JohnJ , 9 nights, there’s a few option sites

0 Likes
Highlighted

That looks fantastic!  I hope to do the Tetons in the future.  How demanding/technical is that trip? I hope you have a great safe trip.

I would be totally Green with envy if it wasn't for the fact that I plan to be in Glacier National Park with a friend though we're trying to find at least one or two other people. Hopefully Hole in the wall across to The highline.  Though at the moment it's all up in the air and we'll stay sort of up in the air since they revoked all our reservations and you have to walk in.

You seem to have been a lot of places is there anywhere that you particularly like in the national forests up there if we have problems with the park?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Fortunately it’s the teton wilderness area, so no permits required!  And that place is gigantic!

Just got into Pinedale today from a 7 day backpacking trip in the bridger wilderness, just south of the tetons. Hot during the day, low 30’s at night!

Highlighted

I did the Bridger Tetons a few years ago it is beautiful.   I would like to do the Teton Crest trail as an alternative since Glacier is not opening. unfortunately, my hiking partner can't handle the altitude of the Tetons so I would really have to find more people to go with.

0 Likes
Highlighted

by the way. That is not a comment on your trip. somehow I thought I was on my thread. I would not intrude.

0 Likes
Featured