Summer trip to Yosemite, what not to miss?

Spending a week in Yosemite in July, what’s not to miss? Me and my hiker pal both in our 50s and don’t mind putting in the miles. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Summer trip to Yosemite, what not to miss?

North Dome has incredible views of Half Dome and Clouds Rest, without the crowds of many other Yosemite trails.

It's accessible from Tioga Road, so pairs well before/after a visit to Tuoloumne. Check conditions before you go, though, as the trail has a couple river/creek crossings, and I'm not sure what those are like after our wet winter.

Highlighted

Tuolumne Meadows is beautiful and a great way to escape the crowds. A little off the beaten path - make sure you get to Soda Springs! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Mist Trail is a great one for cooling down on the hotter days! 

@Charliegirl wrote:

Spending a week in Yosemite in July, what’s not to miss? Me and my hiker pal both in our 50s and don’t mind putting in the miles. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

4 mile trail. Glacier Point. Yosemite Falls, it's a great hike all the way up to the top of the falls. I agree with Tuolumne Meadows. You can spend a whole day up there hiking, lakeside or just enjoying a stroll through the meadows.

Highlighted

North Dome has incredible views of Half Dome and Clouds Rest, without the crowds of many other Yosemite trails.

It's accessible from Tioga Road, so pairs well before/after a visit to Tuoloumne. Check conditions before you go, though, as the trail has a couple river/creek crossings, and I'm not sure what those are like after our wet winter.

Featured
Top liked members