Greetings from Long Island!

Hello everyone!!

My name is Aly and I’ve been with REI for almost 15 years and moved to Long Island four years ago.

I am a native New Englander but I have opened my heart wide to the bagels, pizza, (let’s face it all of the food NY has to offer), and the beautiful outdoor places and community that came with it!

One of my favorite outdoor activities is cycling. I enjoy time spent outside in general and appreciate all the parks and green spaces Long Island has to offer!

I’m super excited to have this platform where our local community can connect!

Where is your favorite local outdoor spot?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Greetings from Long Island!

Hi @REI-AlyS ,

I too have been getting to know more of the great outdoorsy places of Long Island.  As a kid, I thought all there was were the malls, but have since been lucky to have moved to an area where I get to hike, kayak, and enjoy the beaches.  One of my favorite places here (so far- still learning!) is Wertheim Wildlife Refuge.  There are trails for a light hike and Carmans river runs through where paddling activities can be enjoyed (there are also spots for fishing).  I love to hike and kayak and get to enjoy that so close to home!

Highlighted

Re: Greetings from Long Island!

Hey there @stinemarie!

Thanks for joining the conversation! I haven’t heard of that spot before and am super appreciative that you’ve brought it to my attention!  Getting outside seems more important than ever right now and super appealing! Thanks again for being a part of the Community!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Featured
Top liked members