Highlighted

Outdoor adventurist from Michigan

Just joined ‘Conversations’. I’m an avid Michigan outdoors person in my young 60’s who enjoys outdoor activities, especially challenging bicycling adventures (riding and playing) with others. 

Highlighted

Re: Outdoor adventurist from Michigan

@Sudscycle Welcome!

The first time I ever went kayaking or climbed a sand dune was in Michigan! It's a pretty amazing state. We've got a couple of other users from there: @HoughtonLikeTheLake @chip88angel. I'm sure you'll find a warm welcome here. What kind of bike do you like to ride? Do you have a favorite 'challenging bicycling adventure' you'd be willing to share on our Cycling Board? Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Wow, 3 replies to my lame introduction. Our. Great to ‘hear’ from other Michigan adventurers. Thank you  

I do Road, gravel and a little mountain biking.  My toughest (and most rewarding) rides have been a Bicycle Tour of CO (BTC) and the Michigan Mountain Mayhem (10,000 ft of climb over 100 miles in a day.   I most enjoy challenging rides with a fun loving coed group of like minded cyclists. I’ve done RAGBRAI a dozen times just for fun.  It’s been tough for all of us this year with all group rides being cancelled or postponed (and likely cancelled). I’m creating my own small group rides. Hope to do a ride in CO in Sept. 

Highlighted

@Sudscycle Hello! Welcome to the conversations! I too am from Michigan! I have a trip planned out for the UP in a couple weeks, super excited about it. I’m not a big bike person but I do love to hike, camp, and kayak. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello! Indeed, love spending time in the outdoors. I did some intense cycling for a few years & it's become more of a pass time for me now.  Increasing my kayaking, but definitely hiking game in the past couple years.  Was up in the Porcupines a couple weeks ago.  We did the Escarpment Trail, which definitely gave us quite the experience. 

--
Silvia
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Sudscycle welcome!

While I am not originally from Michigan, I am currently living in Michigan with my family due to Covid. I love pretty much anything outdoors, including rock climbing/mountaineering, backpacking, hiking, kayaking, skiing, canyoneering, and more!

Welcome to the community!

www.brynsharpphotography.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the note and welcome back to Michigan! I like your mountain and wildlife pics.  I really enjoy the mountains (hiking and riding). 

Im in the Kalamazoo area.  We have some decent trails here. If you are ever this way I’d be happy to show you and introduce you to our riding club .  I also spend a lot of time riding up in the Traverse City area.

Highlighted

Thank you! If I'm ever in the area I'll let you know!

www.brynsharpphotography.com
0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category