Highlighted

Hiking grandma in SoCal

Since I have been posting here for a few weeks, I thought I'd better introduce myself. I am hikingmema-a grandma who loves hiking and anything outdoors. I hike, camp (not so much anymore), stargaze, geocache, and learn about the geology and history of the place I am visiting. I have an 8th grade Girl Scout Troop that does a lot of these things with me. I live in Southern California between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles.

Highlighted

Re: Introduce Yourself

Welcome @HikingMema!

Thanks for introducing yourself! If you can narrow it down to one (or a couple), what's your favorite place that you've visited and learned about?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: Introduce Yourself

I have been to so many great places across the U.S. But one fairly local place I really enjoyed was Sequoia/Kings Canyon. They had a bit of everything. There are tall mountains, deep canyons, giant sequoia trees, caves, lakes and amazing dark skies. We went during the Dark Sky Festival a few years ago and hope to go again in September. 

Highlighted

Re: Hiking grandma in SoCal

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Highlighted

Welcome to the club!

Highlighted

Welcome Hiking Mema,

Keep posting. Maybe add a pic. Conversations is a great platform to talk with other outdoors folks. I'll be watching for your posts.

Highlighted

Hi! Welcome... I'm new here as well... I live about 71 road miles north of Seattle, Wa. PNW. I make outdoor videos and do a lot of photography as well. 

Featured