Highlighted

Hello there from Oregon's Willamette Valley!

My name is Molly and I live & trek in central Oregon.  Oregon's Willamette Valley is between the Coast Range to the west and the Cascades Range to the east. I am newbie trekker, albeit 60+ yrs old. My terrains are typically parks, residential historic streets, and small downtowns—i.e., blacktop & sidewalks…and some uneven ground.  I learn a little bit each day as I go out with my poles.  I learned to place my poles behind me as I walk to propel myself forward. 

A pitch for trekking/walking poles:  I go faster, I get a more vigorous workout, my strides are longer, and I feel like I'm cruising (much less effort!). Give poles a try. Have you used, would you recommend, trekking poles-- Yes or No?  🙂 

Highlighted

Re: Hello there from Oregon's Willamette Valley!

@Minnie welcome to community and thanks for introducing yourself; we're happy you're here! To answer your question, I have recently begun using trekking poles more consistently on my day hikes and I rely on them for backpacking - super helpful for balance and stability, plus I feel like my arms get a little work-out along with my legs!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Hello there from Oregon's Willamette Valley!

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category