Highlighted

Hello from the Sunshine State - Florida

Hello everyone!

I'm Allison and I'm a Florida native. I love to hike, be in the ocean, and do just about anything outdoors! I'm actually relatively new to the hiking world (sadly Florida is pretty flat so I like to travel to the mountains) and want to learn more about backpacking too, so please leave any tips you have :).  I'm also trying to get a job in the outdoors industry since the corporate world has been taking a toll. I just graduated college and have already figured out its not really for me haha. I've read so many postings in this community board and absolutely love hearing from so many people. I can't wait to hear from some of you!

See you outside!

Highlighted

Re: Hello from the Sunshine State - Florida

Hi @apmallard !  Welcome to the community!  Asking for backpacking tips here is like asking for donuts at a bakery!  SOOOOO much to choose from.  😄😄

Seriously though, there is a tremendous amount of experience here, so anything outdoorsy that you have questions about will be able to be answered.

Enjoy!

Highlighted

Hahaha thank you 😊

Highlighted

@apmallard Welcome to the community!

We're very glad you're here! I'm planning on responding to your question about working for REI tomorrow, but in the meantime I wanted to say hello and welcome. Do you have any bucket list backpacking trips you're dreaming of? You'll find a lot of experience and expertise among our community members. 

Thanks for introducing yourself!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Thank you for the warm welcome! My dream backpacking trip would be to one of the trails near the Grand Canyon. I visited a few years ago on my first trip out west and absolutely loved it. You can't trade those views for anything. 

I can already tell there are so many experts in this community and I plan on learning from you guys 😊 Thanks John!

Highlighted

Welcome aboard, Allison. Have you ever hiked the Ding Darling Nature Preserve near Sanibel Island? I remember seeing really big 'gators, ospreys, and we thought we saw a cougar. At least my wife thought it was.

0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category