Highlighted

Hello from the Great Mitten!

Hello! I am from Michigan but I was born in Colorado and moved here when I was young. I have been to multiple national parks, including Rocky Mountain, Shenandoah, Great Smokey Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway, Point Loma, and Sleeping Bear Dunes! The last one is a national lakeshore, but worth a visit. 

I love hiking, kayaking, and camping. My best friend and I, Morgan started kayaking together about 3-4 years ago and we have been obsessed ever since. We get out on the water any chance we get! Our favorite spot is the state parks and we plan on going to Pictured Rocks this summer. We have also planned a trip to Acadia National Park! Counting down the days!

My favorite piece of gear is my ENO Jungle Nest Hammock! The best purchase I have ever made! I am well equipped for hammock camping and it is my preferred choice of camping in all seasons. I do also love tent and RV camping but that is normally done with friends. 

My current boyfriend loves to hike, fish, and kayak so we are a pretty good pair so far. 🙂 We actually met at a state park and ended up kayaking later that day. 

I am super excited about being a member and I cannot wait to learn new things and continue to explore the wilderness! 

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Hello from the Great Mitten!

Sea Kayaking?  Try the north coast of the Georgian Bay including Killarney Provincial Park. It's a sea kayaker's playground.

Highlighted

Re: Hello from the Great Mitten!

Welcome to the forum! Cheers!

0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category