Highlighted

Hello From Southeast PA!

Hello everyone!! I am Bekah. My husband and I live outside of Philly. At the beginning of 2019, my husband and I really took up hiking. I’ve always loved to be outside and have hiked in the past but that really took off last year. I got my Keens last year and I love them. I also got my Osprey backpack and hydration bladder for my birthday. I am obsessed with both. There is just something so great about not having to stop to take a drink of water. We hike as much as we can. Ideally, we hike 2 times a week for a total of 10 miles each week. Some weeks we are better, some are worse. My husband and I are data nerds (were both behavior analysts) so we track every hike. Last year we did 73 hikes, totaling about 360 miles. Our average miles per hike was a little over 5 miles. Of the 73 places, we visited 49 different places. We hiked in 6 states. We’re keeping track again this year. My favorite hike last year was definitely our anniversary trip to Acadia NP. It is just breathtaking up there. We are hoping to go to Iceland this year for our anniversary and do some hiking there. 

Other than hiking, I like to kayak, camp, fish and crab in the great outdoors. Would love to get my husband a kayak so we can go out together. We have a lot of great trails and parks around us to enjoy these activities. 

I look forward to interacting with you all in the future. Wishing you all good health! Stay safe. 

Bekah (@thehinchhikerslife)

Highlighted

Re: Hello From Southeast PA!

@BekaHikes welcome, welcome! Thanks so much for joining the community and introducing yourself! Don't be surprised if we tag you in future posts to weigh in on PA, hiking, and all the other cool stuff you do!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Welcome @BekaHikes !  You're not too far from where I hail from, in Maryland, at the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay.  One of my group of hiking buddies is originally from Philly.  Nice to see some others from this area in the community.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Bekah! Great to have you with us!

0 Likes
Featured