Highlighted

Hello from NorCal :D

Just found this site and since we are doing our best at shelter-in-place during COVID, it is great to be connected to others who like the outdoors.

I am a 60+ year old lady, who enjoys bike riding my neighborhood with my canine companion, gardening, kayaking, camping (tent & teardrop trailer), and skiing.  Before I turned 50, I was fat, out of shape, and missing joy.  I started slowly with gentle yoga, progressed with cardio, and paid attention to nutrition.   It isn't working out, lol, 'cuz that sounds like "work."  It is more like fun to be outdoors and active. 

The REI classes are fun and informative.  Much of the time, I am solo, and water activities really should be done in a group or partnered for safety.  The kayaking classes are great for that.

Stay safe y'all and hope to be outside soon,

Kathy 😄

Highlighted

Re: Hello from NorCal :D

@kgawley59 you have no idea how happy it makes me/us when new folks wander into our community, join, and participate! We're so glad you found us and hope this community can bring a little connection and camaraderie. And don't be surprised, now that you've introduced yourself, if we tag you for answers related to NorCal, yoga, kayaking, skiing, biking, and gardening - all those things you love to do!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @kgawley59! Welcome to REI Conversations, it's always exciting to see someone new from my area join because I know there's now one more person that's up for sharing ideas on how they are staying active and getting outside during this time. I'm located in the East Bay and I think a couple of my new favorite things to do during this time are yoga on my balcony and riding my bike with my partner through the surrounding neighborhoods--pretending to pick out our dream home 😉 

Looking forward to connecting more! Stay well and have a fabulous weekend.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Welcome aboard, Kathy! Great to have you with us.

Featured