Highlighted

Hello everyone!! (from a mountain biker in Seattle)

I live just outside Seattle so there is plenty of outside things to do here.  I’m an avid mountain biker and camper. I’ve gotten back into climbing about a year ago and now I’m working to build out my backpacking kit to get further out into the wilderness!  

im really looking forward to learning new skills!

Chris

Highlighted

Re: Hello everyone!! (from a mountain biker in Seattle)

@MTBC-Dub welcome, welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself! You'll notice we updated your intro title just a bit, so people can connect more easily (and we'll know when to tap you for advice on Seattle, mountain biking, and climbing)!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@MTBC-Dub,

A belated welcome to the community from me! I was curious, have you tried/thought about bikepacking? It's something I've really only started exploring since I moved to Alaska a couple of years ago but there are some really cool looking routes in Washington State. It requires pretty small and light gear, but I find that you can cover significant miles while still feeling connected to the landscape. And nothing beats going downhill on a bike! 

Thanks for introducing yourself!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @REI-JohnJ 

i have definitely thought of bike packing! Hopefully when I get my backpacking stuff sorted out I can venture into that activity.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Welcome to the forum, Chris! Cheers!

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members