Highlighted

Which Chaco Z2 sandal size should I get if I am between sizes?

Greetings.  I have a very old and beat-up pair of Chaco Z2 sandals.  On the back of the sole at the heel, it shows the size to be M9. I'm ready for a new pair, and there is a model on sale in the REI Outlet page.  That's a good thing.  

First question.  Right now, I cannot go to an REI store to check sizes.  I normally wear 9-1/2 shoes.  Should I order size 9 again?  The size chart on the REI page is very frustrating because it shows 9-1/2 but the ordering info does not.  I've seen some recommendations to go up a size.

Second question.  Can I return them if the size I order is wrong?  Some companies no longer take returns due to the coronavirus.  

Many thanks.  Jeff

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@JHB Thanks for reaching out!

If your old Chacos are the correct fit, we recommend going with the same size. Because Chacos only come in whole sizes, if you go up a size you run the risk of having too much sandal at the end of your foot or the arch of the sandal could hit your foot in the wrong spot.

We are still accepting returns! As the majority of our stores are still closed at this time, our returns process is a little different. Your best bet is to wait until your local REI store reopens to process your return. While we are currently rolling out curbside pickup at select stores, we will not be able to process returns via curbside service. If you would like to mail in your return, you can read our instructions for that process here

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: Which Chaco Z2 sandal size should I get if I am between sizes?

@JHB one additional sizing note on Chacos - on the back of your current pair, where you see M9 (which indicates Men's size 9), there should also be a little dot or a little dash to the left and right of the "M9." A dot indicates medium width and a dash indicates wide width. You'll want to make sure that you order the same width in the new style as you have in your old style. Hope that helps!

Highlighted

@JHB Thanks for reaching out!

If your old Chacos are the correct fit, we recommend going with the same size. Because Chacos only come in whole sizes, if you go up a size you run the risk of having too much sandal at the end of your foot or the arch of the sandal could hit your foot in the wrong spot.

We are still accepting returns! As the majority of our stores are still closed at this time, our returns process is a little different. Your best bet is to wait until your local REI store reopens to process your return. While we are currently rolling out curbside pickup at select stores, we will not be able to process returns via curbside service. If you would like to mail in your return, you can read our instructions for that process here

Hopefully this helps!

Highlighted

JohnJ - Thanks for the quick reply!  Jeff

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JHB one additional sizing note on Chacos - on the back of your current pair, where you see M9 (which indicates Men's size 9), there should also be a little dot or a little dash to the left and right of the "M9." A dot indicates medium width and a dash indicates wide width. You'll want to make sure that you order the same width in the new style as you have in your old style. Hope that helps!

Featured