Highlighted

Suggestions for Hiking near NYC

I am looking for some suggestions for a day hike within a 1-2 hour drive from NYC.  Someplace not too crowded (Bear Mountain is packed now).  

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Suggestions for Hiking near NYC

@jsgmom Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We're going to tag some of our users from in and around New York to see if they have some suggestions for you!

@REI-AlyS@TomIrvine @Wanderingsoul @Kato1953 @Cwo3 @MollyG @StatenIslander @Saetta @oliviaoneill @everytwopines 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there @jsgmom if you’re up for trying something different, I’ve heard great things about The Giant Stairs Hike in the Palisades. It is at the state line lookout exit on the Palisades Parkway. I haven’t been there yet but I hear that it rarely gets busy and is a unique challenge!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks!  I'll try it soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Tr Mount Beacon or Van Cortlandt for your adventure hehehe

0 Likes
Highlighted

@jsgmom Check out Breakneck Ridge located near Cold Spring, NY. Along the Hudson. You can actually take  Metro North from Grand Central and walk about ten minutes from the train to the trailhead. 

Speaking of Metro North you can also take it to Appalachian Trail Station, (on Saturdays and Sundays) and get right on the AT. 

One more, Fahnstock State Park, about 75 minutes north of Manhattan, off the Taconic State Parkway. Great hiking, and the AT passes through there also. 

Happy hiking!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured