Highlighted

Selecting a new pair of boots for narrow feet

Hey there! I need a new pair of hiking boots as mine have reached their prime. My current pair of boots I've had for 6 years and they have been my favorite pair of footwear EVER. So needlesstosay, I'm a little scared to get a new pair. I'm currently in a pair of *la sportiva fc eco 3.2 gtx hiking boots - women's* size 6.5. I have a small, narrow woman's foot with decently high arches. I've tended to lean on La Sport for a lot of footwear due to my narrow feet. In my current hiking boots (~250 miles a year--LOTS of backpacking) I love that they feel both incredibly flexible and durable and are decently lightweight (>2lbs). There was like 0 break in period and my heel felt secure. I never ever got blisters (until I wore them out this season). I love the height of the ankle. And the waterproofing was perfect. Any recommendations?? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Selecting a new pair of boots for narrow feet

Hey there @Kayla_H!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!  Replacing a pair of beloved boots can certainly be tricky!  It sounds like LaSportiva has done right by you!  While the FC 3.2 is no longer available, there are a few models within the brand that you may like.

Take a look at the Pyramid GTX hiking boots.  This boot speaks to some of the same features of your previous shoe.  A mix of leather and synthetic materials in the upper, provides both durability and breathability.  This boot is comfortable and cushioned, all while maintaining a light weight of under two pounds.

You might also consider the LaSportiva Nucleo.  This boot is definitely a customer favorite.  More of a full leather option but still coming in under two pounds.

While our stores remain closed, we are trying to provide customers with the best opportunity to get one on one service and advice.  As a result, we are offering virtual outfitting appointments.  These appointments have really benefited customers when purchasing a product where fit is so important!  Please feel free to take advantage of this service, in addition to advice you may get here in the Community!  

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Selecting a new pair of boots for narrow feet

@Kayla_H in addition to @REI-AlyS's suggestions, you might also consider the women's Oboz boots, as they tend to fit narrow feet quite well! There are a number of different models, depending on if you want waterproof or not, full leather or leather/mesh combo, more/less stiff. Hope this helps! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured